Friday, May 3, 2013

Breaking the Box

Today I dared think outside the box,
And daydreamed what was beyond the walls of this character.
I created a forest to be explored,
And behind it a lake where you and I would spend the afternoons
On the Banks.
And know I am grounded for breaking the box,
And am told to not step out.

But the cut I suffered,
And the blood I bled,
Was well worth the joy of being able to watch the glass shatter
In slow motion.
The rivulets of cracks
Snapping away through their glass landscape.

We enjoyed my crime together.

As you ogled the monitor screen
I wrapped my knuckles in a bandage,
Looking on over your shoulder,
savoring what little bit of pleasure we gained from destruction
But both considering what the replacement of free time with chores would mean,
And agonizing over what it would do to our small spheres.

No comments:

Post a Comment